Posted in: Colon Cancer by Cancer Healer
Colon cancer does not receive the same attention as some of the higher profile cancers, but it should. It is the third most common cancer with over a million men and women with a history according to the statistics. However, 75% of all the case can be avoided by the things you do. Use these 8 tips as a guide to lowering your cancer risk -
1. Know your risk and family history - Patients may not have any signs in the early stages when it is easier to treat. This complicates and makes risk assessment critical for marking those with a higher risk of developing the disease. However, doctor can help you assess the risk. It is important for patients of all ages to know their family history such is someone has ever been treated for colon cancer.
2. Maintain a healthy weight - Nothing can increase the overall risk of cancer more than being overweight. At least, 11 different cancers have been linked to weight gain and obesity including colon cancer. The ideal weight is to weigh somewhere around what you were when 18 years old. The first step for colon cancer treatment is to reduce weight which has other health benefits too.
3. Limit your alcohol consumption - Colon cancer has been linked to heavy drinking. Doctors and research suggests that a man should not take more than 2 drinks a day and women should limit it to 1 as a part of the colon cancer treatment.
4. Get proper screening - Screenings are tests that look for cancer even before the signs develop. Colon screening may find growth called polyps which can be removed before turned into cancer. They can find the colon cancer earlier where the treatments are more successful. It is suggested to start the screening at the age of 50 for most people but talk to the doctor about when to start and what tests may be right for you. They are a crucial part of the colon cancer treatment.
5. Exercise regularly - Regular exercise lowers the risk of many diseases such as colon cancer and provides a mental boost. Any amount of physical activity is better than nothing at all but strive to exercise for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate activity each day. You can also choose things you enjoy such as cycling, brisk walking, dancing or gardening.
Are you looking for a reputed cancer hospital for colon cancer treatment? If yes, Dr. Krishna’s Cancer Healer Center provides superior treatment, complete patient satisfaction and safety as well as exceptional services keeping in mind the physical, mental and emotional needs.
07 Mar, 2018