Posted in: Gall Bladder Cancer by Cancer Healer
Factors such as obesity and a poor diet increase the risk of developing gallstones. If you are looking to prevent the gallstone formation naturally, here are 6 foods suggested by Cancer Healer Center that can help you.
1. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - The gallbladder works with the liver to remove the toxins from your body. In order to prevent the formation of gallstones, your gallbladder should be detoxified regularly. Eating fruits and vegetables such as apples, lemon, beets, and tomatoes decrease the inflammation and detoxify it. Drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices is also beneficial. Raw apple juice is also helpful as it contains a high amount of pectin which not only softens the current gallstones but also cease the formation of new ones.
2. Vitamin C - Foods rich in Vitamin C are a great choice for a healthy gallbladder and have a preventative effect against gallstones. Dietary fibre helps in preventing the accumulation of cholesterol in bile.
3. Dark-leafy greens - Leafy greens are full of magnesium which has a major role to play in the gallbladder diet. This is important as many gallstones contain calcium. Magnesium helps us to clear calcium so that it does not build up and form gallstones. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in magnesium.
4. Water - Staying hydrated is extremely important for living a healthy life. It is also important for the proper functioning of the gallbladder. Water is needed for all the secretions in the body including bile making you want to stay hydrated.
5. Beets - Beets contain a substance called betaine which helps protect the liver and stimulate the flow of bile to break down fat. This is why it should be a staple in your gallbladder diet. You can drink beet juice, beet soup or even add beets to a smoothie to get the benefits.
6. Coffee - Caffeine is controversial but a steaming cup of coffee might help you prevent gallstones alongside fuelling your body. People who drink around 1-2 cups of coffee are said to have lowered the risk of gallstones than the ones who do not. Caffeine’s effect on lowering the risk of gallstones can be associated with the ability to stimulate the bile flow. While one cup of coffee usually does no harm, consult the doctor before raising your coffee intake.
Cancer Healer Center says that besides incorporating the right kind of foods in your diet; remember to avoid skipping the meals, crash diets and excess sugar.