Posted in: Cancer by Cancer Healer
Concerned about cancer prevention? Take charge by making some changes such as eating a healthy diet and getting regular screenings. Here are 6 lifestyle changes by Cancer Healer Center which can prevent you from the risk of cancer -
- Work on your weight - Obesity and a higher amount of body fat increases the risk of cancer of the breast, ovaries, thyroid, kidney and pancreas. The researchers are not sure about why this happens but it may be linked to low-level, chronic inflammation and altered hormone levels. No matter how it happens but reducing weight - which is best tackled through healthy diet and exercise can help you lower the cancer risk.
- Quit Tobacco - Using any kind of tobacco puts you on a collision course with cancer. Smoking has been linked to several types of cancer such as cancer of the throat, lung, mouth, pancreas, bladder and kidney. Even if you do not use tobacco, exposure to the secondhand smoke increases the risk of lung cancer. Avoiding tobacco is one of the most important health decisions you can make. If you need support and help to quit tobacco, ask your doctor about stop-smoking products and other strategies for quitting.
- Get Vaccinated - In cases where a virus is known to cause a type of cancer, a vaccine can help prevent the cancer. The human papillomavirus (HPV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) are two such. Persistent infections with some of the HPV types can be the cause for cervical, anal and vaginal cancer while the long-term HPV infection can lead to cancer so take proper vaccinations.
- Eat healthy - Nutrition is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle and has implications for reducing the possibility of getting cancer. Basing your diet on plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as other foods from plant sources such as nuts, seeds and beans is an inherent part of a healthy lifestyle. Lower intake of processed meat is also an important factor.
- Protect yourself from the sun - Too much exposure to the sun increases the possibility of cancer, majorly skin. As a part of healthy lifestyle, stay in shade in the middle of the day when the sun is strongest, cover your skin to protect it you are exposed to a lot of sunlight and use sunscreen appropriately. The daylight exposure is good for optimum production of Vitamin D. It is a true that staying outdoor is a healthy way of getting fresh air and exercise but is important to keep the harmful effects of the sun in mind when engaging in outdoor pursuits.
- Regular Medical Care - The best cancer hospital in India say that regular self-exams and screenings for various kinds of cancer - such as skin, colon, breast and cervix - can increase the chances of discovering cancer early when the cancer treatment is most likely to be useful. Ask your doctor about the best cancer screening and cancer treatment in India for you.
Take cancer prevention in your own hands, starting today. The rewards are sure to last a lifetime.