Posted in: Breast Cancer Treatment by Cancer Healer
Well, next to skin cancer, breast cancer is known to be the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. It begins with the formation of a malignant tumor in the breast where the cells start growing unconditionally.
A malignant tumor is defined as a collection of cells, which can grow into surrounding tissues or to other parts of the body. These cells can often be seen in an X-ray. It occurs mostly in women, but men can develop breast cancer too. Breast cancer cells develop in the milk-producing ducts.
According to the American Cancer Society, 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. The ACS also reports that the breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women, while lung cancer being the first.
Symptoms of breast cancer:
The most common symptom of breast cancer is a lump or mass. Mostly, it is a painless hard mass, which has uneven edges. But it can also be soft or rounded. In some cases, they can be painful.
Following are the other possible symptoms of breast cancer:
• Skin irritation or dimpling
• Nipple retraction
• Skin irritation dimpling
• Nipple discharge other than breast milk
• Thickening of the nipple or breast skin
Treatment of breast cancer:
Various factors that should be considered while deciding on the best treatment for the patient are as follows:
• Breast cancer type
• Stage & the grade of the breast cancer
• Whether cancer cells are sensitive to hormones or not
• Patient’s overall health
• Age of the patient
• Patient’s preferences
Common breast cancer treatment in India includes:
2: Radiation therapy
• Lumpectomy: This type of surgery may be recommended if the tumor is small & the surgeon believes that it will be easy to separate it from the tissue around it. This is often called breast-sparing surgery in breast cancer.
• Mastectomy: It means surgically removing the breast that involves ducts, lobules, nipple, fatty tissue and some skin
• Breast reconstruction surgery: This process may be carried out at the same time of mastectomy. It is a series of surgical procedures that aimed at recreating a breast so that possibly it looks like the other breast.
• It utilizes High-energy rays to kill cancer cells or shrink a tumor that remains in the breast, underarm area or chest wall, after the surgery.
Chemotherapy uses a combination of drugs to destroy cancer cells or to slow down their growth.
It is used to stimulate or restore the ability of the immune (defense) system to fight infection and disease.
Cancer Healer Center is one of the best breast cancer treatment centers in India, which utilizes Immunotherapy. The therapy has immense potential as compared to other treatment approaches to fight cancer effectively, with long-term protection against the disease and lesser side effects.
For more information on breast cancer symptoms and treatment, please consult Cancer Healer Center.