Posted in: Cancer by Cancer Healer
Research suggests that alcohol is connected to more than 5% of cancer diagnoses around the world. This includes various types of neck and head cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. As alcohol has become an important part of people’s lifestyle, Cancer Healer Center aims to raise awareness of the threats alcohol poses to the development of the cancer.
Reasons why alcohol increases cancer risk.
Here are some possibilities as to why alcohol increases cancer risk -
1. The increased risk may be related to two chemicals that can damage the DNA of healthy cells:
- Ethanol, the primary constituent of alcoholic beverages.
- Acetaldehyde is made when alcohol is digested by the body.
- Alcohol may play a role in the breakdown of the hormone estrogen which increases the amount in the blood. Having more estrogen in the body than usual is a risk factor for breast, ovarian and uterus cancers.
2. Alcohol leads to weight gain which also increases cancer risk.
3. Drinking alcohol may reduce the body’s ability to process and absorb important nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E.
Tips to stay in control with your drinks.
While abandoning and refraining alcohol is the best bet, but here are a few tips to lower your alcohol-related cancer risk:
1. Have alcohol free days every week to cut down on the total amount of alcohol you consume.
2. Swap every second or third alcohol based drink for a healthier alternative. Water is also a good option.
3. Opt for smaller servings
4. Try the less alcoholic version of drinks
5. Don’t keep a stock of alcohol at your place
There is some evidence to suggest that the drinkers who give up alcohol can reverse the chances of liver and other common cancer due to alcohol. Their risk stays reduced for as long as they are able to avoid alcohol. On the other hand, studies that focus on cancer means reducing alcohol consumption does not mean lowered cancer risk right away. It may take a while for the risk to come down.
However, Cancer Healer Center offers best cancer treatment to patients for every possible cancer type. Through effective cancer treatment and evolving medicine, the center aims to fight against cancer and help the patients live a more wholesome life. Headquartered in New Delhi, Cancer Healer Center has its branches in Indore, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Mumbai. For more information on best cancer treatment, visit the Cancer Healer Center’s website now.
19 Feb, 2018