Posted in: Liver Cancer by Cancer Healer
Liver Cancer is a kind of cancer which begins in the liver. It consists of malignant hepatic tumors in or on the liver. However, some tumors develop outside the liver and spread to the surrounding areas. But cancers which start only in the liver are known as liver cancer.
The main types of liver cancer are -
1. Hepatocellular Carcinoma - This is the most common type of liver cancer. It can spread to other body parts such as the pancreas, stomach and intestine. It is more likely to happen in people with severe liver damage due to alcohol abuse.
2. Cholangiocarcinoma - Also known as the bile duct cancer, it develops in the small, tube-like bile ducts in the liver. When the cancer begins in the ducts inside the liver, it is called intra-hepatic bile duct cancer, while on the outside it is called the extra-hepatic bile duct cancer.
3. Liver Angiosarcoma - This is a rare form of liver cancer which begins in the blood vessels of the liver. It tends to progress quickly and is diagnosed at an advanced stage.
4. Hepatoblastoma - This is extremely rare and is found in children. The outlook for people with surgery and chemotherapy for this type of cancer can be extremely good.
The stage of cancer allows a doctor to decide the course of treatment. Liver cancer is mainly categorized in four stages -
Stage 1 - The tumor resides in the liver and has not spread to any other organ or location.
Stage 2 - There are two possibilities - either several tumors remaining in the liver or one tumor has reached a blood vessel.
Stage 3 - A number of tumors or one large tumor reaches the main the blood vessels. It also holds the possibility of reaching the gallbladder.
Stage 4 - The cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
Once the stage has been found, a course of treatment can begin.
The most common signs and symptoms of liver cancer tend not to be noticed until the cancer reaches the later stages. Liver cancer may activate or exhibit the following signs -
2. Unknown and unexplained weight loss
3. Pain in the back or abdomen
4. Nausea and Vomiting
5. An enlarged liver
The exact causes of liver cancer are not clear. However, in some cases, the cause is known.
For example, infection with certain kind of hepatitis viruses can be the reason for liver cancer. Basically liver cancer develops when there are changes in the DNA - the material which provides instructions for all chemical process in the body. DNA mutations may cause changes in these instructions. The result is that the cells might begin to grow out of control and eventually form a mass of cancerous cells.
Treatment for liver cancer
Liver cancer treatment varies and depends on the number, size, and location of the tumor, functioning of the liver, where the tumor has spread and other factors. One of the best cancer hospital in India, Cancer Healer Center holds the expertise in screening, diagnosing and treatment for liver cancer. It is a premier center when it comes to advanced low cost liver cancer treatment in India. It uses Immunotherapy as the mode of treatment and has been successful in treating a number of patients.Cancer Healer Medicines are easy to consume has no side effects and helps in bringing the recovery faster.
To know more about liver cancer treatment, contact us now!