Posted in: Pancreas Cancer by Cancer Healer
Pancreatic cancer is a disease in which cells in the pancreas stop functioning normally and start growing uncontrollably. The cells eventually interrupt with the proper functioning of the organ and spread to other parts of the body.
The pancreas is a pear-shaped gland situated in the abdomen, in between the spine and the stomach. It’s made of two major components – exocrine and endocrine, and is about 6 inches long. The exocrine produces enzymes that are specialized proteins going into the small intestine, helping the body break down food, especially fats. The cells that turn cancerous are usually the ones lining the pancreatic ducts.
The endocrine component is composed of specialized cells assembled together in islands within the organ. The cells produce hormones, the most important amongst them being insulin, which is critical in controlling the amount of sugar in the blood. Cancer rarely begins in these islet cells and is suitably referred to as pancreatic endocrine tumors or islet cell tumors. Chemicals such as insulin may be produced by these tumors, or they may grow without producing any hormone. If hormones are produced by the tumor, they may cause imbalances in the body.As pancreatic cancer does not cause specific symptoms during the early development stage, it may not be detected until cancer has penetrated to other areas of the body.
Pancreatic cancer treatment in India is very effective, with the usage of latest technologies in diagnosis and remediation.
Risk factors for Pancreatic cancer may include the following:
- Age is a major factor, as it may occur in people older than 60
- More men are diagnosed with this type of cancer than women
- There is more likelihood of this type of cancer developing in smokers than non-smokers
- Eating a high-fat diet is another factor that may cause this type of cancer
- Sudden onset of Type II diabetes may be an early symptom of pancreatic cancer
- A person’s chance of developing this cancer increases if a close relative had pancreatic cancer
As cancer grows, the symptoms may include:
- Yellowing of skin and eyes, itching, darkening of urine and clay colored stool
- Pain in the upper back or upper abdomen
- Gastrointestinal discomforts
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
One of the best hospitals for pancreatic cancer treatment in India is Cancer Healer Center. The treatment is carefully planned by their team of experts, depending on the stage of cancer. The treatment is based on Immunotherapy, which develops immunity to fight against the cancer cells and keeps them from reappearing.
05 May, 2017