Posted in: Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
Here are some facts about Prostate Cancer from the experts:
- The symptoms of Prostrate Cancer are silent and can go unnoticed for some time.
- You should consult your general physician immediately when you notice signs like difficulty initiating or stopping urine stream.
- Pain while urinating or ejaculation should not be ignored and discussed with doctor.
- Frequent urinary tract infections should never be ignored.
- Pain in the bones of hips, thighs, back should not be ignored as it indicates cancer has spread to bones.
- Risk for prostrate cancer increases with age generally post the age of 40 years old.
- Genetic predisposition to prostrate cancer is high if a family member also is affected by same.
- Exposure to cadmium, pollutants or lack of sunlight is theorized to be responsible for triggering cancer in prostrate.
- The prostrate cancer can be treated by IMRT: radiation therapy. But is it safe? Urologists believe that radiation therapies can actual harm the healthy cells surrounding the tumor.
- Surgical options are considered to removing prostrate cancer but are an invasive and painful procedure.
What if you do not want to undergo chemo, radiation or surgical procedures? Urologists are very optimistic about alternative options to prostate cancer treatment like Immunotherapy. This non-invasive treatment has no side-effect and is a natural healing procedure. The therapy allows strengthening one’s immune system to such a level that it can withhold cancer and fight it back. We have a natural defence system to fight any disease and infection including tumor. When the defence weakens tumor becomes cancer. In Immunotherapy the medications strengthen the immune cells to target cancer cells and destroy them. Unlike chemotherapy and radiation therapy there are no known side-effects of Immunotherapy and is a good treatment option for prostate cancer patients. The cancer specialists recommend patients of prostrate cancer to follow a holistic approach to healing. A diet low in fat i.e. less oil and fried, along with balanced meals, lots of fruits and salads are suggested. Some may suggest reducing dairy intake and restrict to low fat milk products. Decreasing sugar intake also helps regulate urine flow and keep urinary tract infection at bay. Exercise that is bearable like yoga, walking or stretches is suggested. Keeping the mind stress free with meditation, music therapy, laughter club helps relieve anxiety and makes healing more effective. Along with Immunotherapy keeping treatment natural and simplistic definitely allows cancer to defeat and your body to heal.