Posted in: Prostate Cancer by Cancer Healer
The prostate gland is only present in men and regular prostate exams can help the doctor diagnose cancer. However, Cancer Healer Center says there is a high chance that you do not know everything there is to know about prostate cancer. Read more to learn about this condition.
- It’s more common than breast cancer: According to the cancer specialists, men are at a higher risk of developing prostate cancer than women have of developing breast cancer. It’s the second most common cancer in men worldwide.
- Family matters: The cancer care centers do not completely understand why some people get cancer and others do not, but at least for some people there seems to be a genetic link. If you have a brother, father or son with prostate cancer, you are twice as likely to be diagnosed with the disease. A family history of prostate cancer will also increase the risk of developing other kinds of cancer.
- Meat and dairy increase your risk: A diet rich in animal products and low in fruits and vegetables increases the risk of developing prostate cancer. The research found that consuming high-fat dairy products increase your risk. It may also increase your risk of developing the more aggressive kinds of prostate cancer. However, the cancer hospitals in India say more research is needed to better understand the link between diet and prostate cancer.
- The average age of diagnosis: Prostate cancer is most common in older men and rare in men younger than 40. But when younger men do get prostate cancer, it tends to be more aggressive and they are more likely to suffer from it than ones diagnosed later.
- Some men have no signs/ symptoms: Early detection is important but difficult. Sometimes, men do not experience any signs in the early stages. Seeing your doctor and discussing regarding prostate cancer will help identify the risk of developing prostate cancer and the need for screening.
For others, signs vary: Early signs of prostate cancer include :
- Difficulty in urinating
- Painful urination and ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Pain and stiffness in hips, back and thighs.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment: As like other forms of cancer, doctors can take various approaches to treat prostate cancer. Chemo, radiation, surgery, and immunology cancer treatment are all options. In some cases, monitoring is recommended and prostate cancer treatment is initiated if cancer begins to grow.
- The cure rate is very high if you detect it early though: With early detection, the cure rate is close to 100%. This means that within five years of being successfully treated for prostate cancer, almost 100% of men remain prostate cancer -free.
Based on the individual risk for the disease, your lifestyle and your age, you and your doctor can decide how often you should be screened and at what age those screening should start. One of the best cancer hospitals of India, Cancer Healer Center holds experts in screening, diagnosing, staging and offering the best treatment for prostate cancer. With its presence in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Banglore, Indore, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad, Cancer Healer Center offers a treatment that aims to a future with a long and healthy life.