Oesophageal cancer occurs in the oesophagus which is a long, hollow tube running from the throat to the stomach. The oesophagus helps move the food you swallow from the back of the throat to the stomach to be digested.
The oesophageal cancer
begins in the cells which line inside the oesophagus. It can occur anywhere along the oesophagus.
The most common signs of oesophageal cancer are -
1. Weight loss
2. Pain and difficulty while swallowing
3. Persistent indigestion or heartburn
5. Discomfort or pain behind the breastbone or in the back
6. Hoarse Voice caused by the pressure on the nerves which supplies the voice box
There are other conditions which can cause these signs but you should always get them thoroughly checked by the doctor. If there is no improvement within a few days or weeks, it is important to refer to a specialist. The required tests will be suggested in order to find out what the problem is.
The tests and procedures used to diagnose oesophageal cancer are -
1. Biopsy - Your doctor uses a special scope which is passed down the throat in the oesophagus to collect a sample of the tissue. This sample is then sent to a laboratory to look for the cancer cells.
2. Endoscopy - The doctor passes a flexible tube attached to a video lens down the throat in the oesophagus. Using the endoscope, your doctor examines the oesophagus searching for areas for cancer and areas of irritation.
Treatment of Oesophageal Cancer
The treatment one receives for oesophageal cancer is based on the type of cells involved, the cancer stage, the overall health and the preferences of cancer treatment.
Dr. Krishna’s Cancer Healer Center
Medicines works on the principles of Immunotherapy. It works at the cellular level and helps to increase the normal cell growth that can combat the cancer cells. Cancer Healer Therapy uses oral medicines.
Cancer Healer Center therapy works in initial as well as in Advanced stage Cases. The medicines in Advance stages, helps the patient to recover with a quality of life and improved survival chances.
The medicines can be taken in parallel with Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy, there are no clashes/interference of the two treatments. Somewhere, Cancer Healer Therapy will help the patient in preventing the side effects of Conventional treatment as well.