Posted in: Cervical Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
In cervical cancer, the entrance to the uterus (womb) is affected. Most of the cervical cancer cases are caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus), and it can be prevented with the HPV vaccine.
Some known causes of cervical cancer:
- Having multiple sexual partners
- Becoming sexually active at an early age
The earlier stages may have no symptoms at all. Therefore women should have regular cervical smear tests. And, when the symptoms arise, they may be due to other causes, including infection.
The most commonly knowncervical cancer symptoms are:
- Pelvic pain
- Vaginal discharge stained with blood
- Smelly discharge
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Bleeding in women who are post-menopausal
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding between periods
Any cancer, including cervical cancer,is caused by an uncontrolled division and growth of abnormal cells. Most cells in our body have a set lifespan, and when they die new cells replace them. But, what happens with abnormal cells is that they do not die and continue dividing.
These undying cellscause excessive accumulation of cells, which eventually becomes a lump known as atumor. It’s not known for sure why cells become cancerous, but there are some factors that increase the risk of developing cervical cancer.
These factors are:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus), a sexually transmitted virus and among 100 different types, at least 13 of them cause cervical cancer
- A weakened immune system causes this cancer, such as people with AIDS or transplant recipients are at high risk
- Long term mental stress makes women less able to fight off HPV, therefore causing cervical cancer
- Giving birth at a young age
- Socio-economic status also plays a role, as studies have shown that women in deprived areas are at higher risk of developing cervical cancer
Cervical cancer treatment has better success rates when initiated at an early stage. Chances of a complete cure decrease when cancer spreads out of the area it originated.
Cancer Healer Center is a renowned cancer hospital that treats cervical cancer on the principle of Immunotherapy. The treatment enhances the body’s immune system to fight against the disease and improve the quality of life.
For more information contact Cancer Healer Center
11 May, 2017