Posted in: Lung Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
Tobacco, one of the main causes of lung cancer- leads to around 60 lakh deaths per year. The stats are not to threaten anyone, but to think at least once that is it necessary to have tobacco in life. Smoking is injurious not only for you but for the people around you. So quit smoking not only for your sake but for the people.
People who consume tobacco claim that it not only minimizes their tranquillity, but also give them mental satisfaction for some time. But according to research- when a person intakes tobacco or smokes cigarette, then within seconds the nicotine reaches the brain and affects the brain cell.
We all know that it’s very tough to leave tobacco, but once left will surely make your life healthy.
So why to leave tobacco/ cigarette?
- To get better sleep
- Hear clean- Tobacco affects the ear drum and one can find difficulty in hearing
- To avoid discoloration and stains on the teeth and diseases like plague, gingivitis etc. in the mouth
- For healthy heart- smoking blocks or weakens arteries which leads to severe heart disease
- For strong bones- continuous smoking may reduce calcium in our body
- To look young- smoking increases wrinkles and makes one look older
- Save money- 1 cigarette packet per day means wasting around 60k per year
How you can do this?
- Know the reason for quitting - Choose a reason that is strong enough to outweigh the urge to light up
- Try Nicotine-Replacement Therapies- suddenly stopping smoking can leave you frustrated, depressed, restless, or irritable. Nicotine-replacement therapy like nicotine gum, lozenges etc can help reduce these feelings. These medications reduce cravings by affecting chemicals in the brain. They also make smoking less satisfying if you do pick up a cigarette.
- Choose Your Reward- Apart from a healthy life, one of the addition benefits of giving up cigarettes is that it helps save money
- Seek support- Tell your non-smoking peers about your quitting scenario and they can be a great help
- Use electronic cigarettes; they have become popular as a replacement for cigarettes
The World No-Tobacco Day is marked annually on May 31 to raise awareness about the negative health impact of tobacco. But is this really leaving a noticeable impact on health scenario?
Cancer Healer Center, one of the famous Cancer Hospitals in India, not only treats lung cancer but also helps people to leave Tobacco.
So do join us if you have trouble quitting and promote healthy living.