Posted in: Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
If you are considering chemotherapy, here are some important questions to ask before scheduling the chemotherapy. The purpose of this list is to empower you to take charge of your cancer. No one is more interested in saving your life than you are, and this list will help you in making smart clinical decisions.
- What is the goal of the chemotherapy for my cancer treatment? Is this a cure? - The cancer doctors do not use the word cure. They in fact say things such as remission or discuss the survival rates. Be clear on your expectations of your cancer treatment plan.
- What are the chances that chemotherapy cancer treatment will work for me?- For this, you need to understand what goal you are looking to reach: a cure, tumor reduction, or removal of symptoms.
- What chemosensitivity testing will you do to determine what chemotherapy to use? - Despite the protest of the best cancer doctors in India, there is just no one right treatment for any cancer. Patients are given drugs that do not have have the capacity to work for that particular person leading to failure and unnecessary suffering. The doctors need to adhere to the standards regardless the treatments even work or will work. The guidelines offer recommendations for cancer treatment by diagnosis. Each patient and each cancer has its own unique characteristics. Sensitivity testing takes some of the guesswork of the equation using specialized lab tests and predict how therapy will work.
- What is your opinion on taking supplements during the treatment? - While most supplements are completely safe to take during treatment and can actually boost the efficacy of treatment, many conventional doctors have not been trained in this subject.
- What are my other options? - You are asking this to uncover the doctor’s knowledge of available alternative therapies.
- What lifestyle changes do I need to make to improve the outcome of the cancer treatment and protect the body during treatments?
- How will the immune system be supported during the cancer treatment?
- What is the way out if I become resistant to chemo treatment?
- How will the healthy cells stay protected while the cancer cells are being killed? Also ask how they recommend you detox from the chemotherapy treatment afterwards.
What will your proposed chemotherapy treatment do to my cancer stem cells?
Side Effects of Chemotherapy
Most cancer patients think whether they’ll have side effects from chemo, and, if yes, what are they like. Here are some of the more common side effects caused by chemotherapy:
- Fatigue and Hair loss
- Easy bruising, infection, vomiting, and bleeding
- Changes in appetite
- Constipation and Diarrhea
- Mouth, tongue, throat, nerve and muscle problems
- Skin, Urine and bladder changes and kidney problems
- Weight changes
- Fertility problems
- Mood Swings
Immunology Cancer Treatment
Cancer immunotherapy is a treatment where the body’s own mechanism is enhanced to fight and destroy the cancer cells. The cancer specialists claim cancer immunotherapy can offer breakthrough results without producing any side effects. Immunotherapy takes advantage of your immune system’s natural power to recognize cancer cells, and has the potential to be effective against every type of cancer. Immunotherapy cancer treatment has already led to major advances in the treatment of many types of cancers, and has been approved as a first line of treatment for several forms.
Cancer Healer Center is one of the leading immunotherapy hospital in India successful in treating thousands of patients till date. Immunotherapy cancer treatment aims to a future with a long and healthy life, not living in the shadows of Cancer but light.