Posted in: Colon Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
Categorized as the second most cause of cancer in the United States, Colon and rectum Cancer is the kind of cancer where the risk of developing it accelerate with age. People between the age bracket of 75- 84 have the risk of acquiring Colon Cancer. The lifetime risk calculated for Colon Cancer is 1 in 21 that is 4.7% for men and 1 in 23 that is 4.4% in women. The risk of acquiring Colon Cancer is at a higher rate in men compared to women.
Colon cancer is the detection of tumor cells or cancer around the colon or rectum. The colon and the rectum constitute of a large section of the large intestine that play a primary role in the processing of waste in the body. The kind of tumor that characterizes the presence of Colon Cancer is known as adenocarcinomas that are cancer cells that line within the tissue of Colon and Rectum, The Colon and Rectum constitute of 5 sections. The ascending colon is the part that expands from a pouch known as the cecum . The cecum is situated at the onset of the large intestine in to which the small intestine empties and is located at the right side of the abdomen.
Symptoms that point towards the emergence of Colon Cancer are many. But the most prominent ones are:
• You will experience a change in bowel habits, like diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool that prolongs for certain number of days.
• Bleeding of the rectum
• The presence of blood in stools
• Experiencing of cramps or abdominal belly pain.
• Having weakness or fatigue in the body
• Sudden loss of weight
• A Strong history of Colon Cancer in the family is one of the strong Symptoms Of Colon Cancer. Cancer family syndrome also known as an autosomal dominant disorder develops a 33% risk of cancer by the age of 50.
• Smoking and intake of alcohol, also increases the risk of developing colonic adenomas. Consumption of alcohol especially beer increases the risk of Colon Cancer
• Factors related to environment also constitute of a major element in the development of Colon Cancer.
• Nausea and vomiting observed in people above the age of 50.
Diagnosis of Colon Cancer is conducted by biopsy of the colon and rectum, a Colonoscopy or a screening which permits the doctor to look inside the whole of the rectum and colon, once the patient is sedated, Molecular Testing of the tumor, Blood tests that determine the count of RBCs (Red Blood Corpuscles), CT scan and MRI are some of the ways through which the diagnosis of Colon Cancer is conducted.
Treatment of colon cancer involves diagnosing the stages according to which treatment is performed. Cancer Healer Center is one such institution that specializes in Colon Cancer Treatment in India via Immunotherapy. This mode of treatment was designed by Late Dr, Hari Krishna and currently carried forward under the expert tutelage of Dr. Tarang Krishna.
For more information visit us at The Cancer Healer Center.