Posted in: Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
Millions of people are shattered by the news of cancer every year. What follows after this is an avalanche, a wave of emotions, fear, anxiety, anger and the need to be with a family member or a loved one for support and encouragement. Research suggests that half of all men and one in three women is likely to develop a form of cancer.
Here are a few facts that you need to know about cancer -
1. It is a disease of laziness - A common myth that comes with cancer and majorly bowel cancer is that these diseases are of laziness. The truth is there are a myriad of causes and there are so many that you still don’t understand. Things such as alcohol, diet, tobacco and chronic inflammation plays a major role in this.
2. Cancer can be communicable - Some cancers are actually caused by infections. As a matter of fact, one fifth of all cancers such as cervical and liver cancers are caused this way majorly in the poor nations. However, the good news is that the viruses that cause these cancers are now largely preventable by vaccine.
3. Tobacco is the biggest, preventable cause of cancer - The point is that tobacco is bad. Causing approximately 22% of cancer deaths worldwide, the fight against tobacco and tobacco advertising and the big corporations makes the formation of cancer continued.
4. Environmental Factors - Environmental factors increases the risk of cancer. The air one breathes, the water one drinks and the food one eats all contribute. Pollution, heavy metal toxicity and personal care/household cleaning products damage the cells in your body. Evaluating and thereby reducing the toxins one is exposed to is a strong step towards cancer treatment and prevention.
5. Early detection and treatment can save lives - Early detection and access to best cancer treatment is of extreme importance. There are three broad groups of treatment - surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Some cancers can be treated in the early stages of disease and are less costly if identified quickly. The challenges escalate in a context of weaker health system and limited funding but is important to remember the screening and early detection saving money and lives.
6. Care and Pain relief must become universal - Although there a number of cancers which are preventable or curable by appropriate policies, lifestyles and treatments but there are many which are not. For this reason, it is crucial that every person has access to the pain relief and sedative care when dying of cancer.
Cancer is one area where science has the answers. It is not about scanty understanding or technology, just a lack of funding and global political will. This is a gap that must be closed.
If you are looking for best cancer treatment in India, Cancer Healer Centre can be a perfect pick for you. Through effective cancer treatment in India, the center aims to fight against the cancer and help patients live a more fulfilling and rewarding life.
12 Jan, 2018