About Brain Tumour
Tumours which start in the brain are called primary brain tumours and are classified according to the kind of cell from which the tumour originates. The most common primary brain tumour in adults comes from cells in the brain called astrocytes that makes up the blood-brain barrier and contribute to the nutrition of the central nervous system.
- Age: People can get brain tumours at any age. However, with increase in age the risk of brain tumors increases.
- Exposure to radiation: Exposure to Radiotherapy, CT Scans, X-rays etc. are known to increase the risk of brain tumours called Meningiomas and to some extent for Gliomas
- People who have had cancer as a child and people who had Leukaemia and non Hodgkin lymphoma as an adult have a higher risk of developing a brain tumor later in life.
- People with HIV or AIDS have around double the risk of being diagnosed with a brain tumor compared to the general population.
- Other possible risk factors include: Mobile phones, alcohol, power lines and hair dyes
- Also being overweight (having a larger waist size or greater body mass index – BMI) gives a slightly higher risk of meningioma. But being overweight doesn't seem to affect glioma risk.
The neuroendocrine tumor treatment hospitals say that symptoms of both primary and metastatic brain tumors depend chiefly on the location in the brain and the size of the tumor. Here are some signs:
- Tumors in the frontal lobe of the brain can lead to weakness and lack of ability to move on one side of the body (paralysis), mood disturbances, difficulty in thinking, confusion and disorientation, and emotional mood swings.
- Parietal lobe tumors can lead to seizures, lack of feeling or paralysis, failure to perform simple mathematical problems, trouble with certain movements, and loss of sense of touch. Tumors in the occipital lobe can lead to loss of vision in half of each visual field and visual hallucinations.
- Temporal lobe tumors may lead to seizures, perceptual and spatial disturbances, and failure to understand simple commands (receptive aphasia)
- Tumor in the cerebellum may cause people to have difficulty maintaining their balance (ataxia), loss of skill, headaches, and vomiting.
- Tumors in the hypothalamus may lead to emotional changes, and variation in the perception of hot and cold.
After the physical examination i.e. checking the breast, stomach, skin etc. which is used to find if the cancer has spread from other parts to the brain, the following tests can be done to check the presence and the spread of cancer:
- Testing the nervous system: Tests like eye test, reflux test, touch sensation etc. is done to find if the body is responding properly to situations
- Blood tests: Tumors like pineal region tumors or germ cell tumors changes the level of hormones which can be detected by blood tests
- MRI scan: These scans are used to take clear pictures of the brain and help detect the presence of tumors
- Avoid toxic chemicals which is used in the oil and rubber industries
- Avoid excess imaging scan radiations
- The use of cell phones should be reduced as the rays can increase the cancer risk. Though there is still research going on in this field but precaution is always better
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle by including fruits and vegetables and avoiding excess alcohol
- Having save sex and avoiding the risk of HIV infections
The most suitable treatment for a brain tumor cancer depends on the size, location and type of tumour. Cancer Healer Center offering brain tumour treatment, India works at immune level to enhance and boost the immune system so that the body itself fights against the cancer cells to control and reduce their growth. Conventionally, the brain tumour treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. At Cancer healer Center we provide oral medicines to the patient which is safe to take and have no side effects. Our well qualified experts will review your test results & suggest best neuroendocrine tumor treatment options.Medicines can be given in cases where patients have already undergone surgery, to prevent further growth of tumor or to prevent the chances of recurrence. Be it early or advanced stages, brain cancer treatment in India is available at cancer healer center with good response and success. Get dedicated specialists, state-of-the-art facilities & leading-edge treatment with the best hospital for brain tumor in India.