About Lung Cancer
Lung Cancer is an uncontrollable growth of cells that begins in the lungs and later spreads to the other parts of the body. These abnormal cells grow and interfere with the functioning of the lung, which provides oxygen to the body. Lung cancer in India and other places is a major cause of deaths among both men and women. But lung cancer treatment in India is possible with advanced and improved therapy – Cancer Healer Center – by one of the leading cancer clinics, Cancer Healer Center.
Main types of Lung Cancer include:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer: This type of cancer spreads quickly. It is also called oat cell cancer. About 10%-15% of cancers are of this type.
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: It is one of the most common types of cancer. About 85% of lung cancers are of this type. Subtypes of non-small lung cancer include Squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell carcinoma.
- Lung Carcinoid Tumor: It is also called lung neuroendocrine tumors. About 5% of lung cancers are of this type. They grow slowly and rarely spread.
Causes of Lung Cancer include:
- Smoking: Tobacco and Smoking is the number one risk factor for lung cancer. Quitting at any age can significantly lower your risk of developing lung cancer.
- Second-hand Smoke: Smoke from other people's cigarettes, pipes, or cigars also causes lung cancer.
- Exposure to radon gas: Radon is a naturally occurring gas from the rocks and dirt. Continuous exposure to this gas causes lung cancer.
- Exposure to asbestos and other harmful chemicals: The other main causes of lung cancer are breathing industrial chemicals such as asbestos, arsenic and polycyclic hydrocarbons
The signs and symptoms of lung cancer can take years to develop and may not appear until the disease is advanced. Symptoms of lung cancer include:
- Coughing up Blood
- Chest Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Weight loss and general fatigue
- Shortness of breath and change in the voice.
If lung cancer is suspected as a result of a screening procedure, a small piece of tissue from the lung is examined under a microscope to look for cancer cells. Later the following tests are done to confirm the presence of cancer cells:
- Lung Biopsy: When a tumor is found in the lungs, this test is done to evaluate the type of abnormal cells.
- Bronchoscopy: This test diagnoses and determines the extent of lung cancer.
- A CT scan, liver ultrasound or bone scan is done to find out if the cancer has spread to the other parts of the body.
There's no known way to prevent lung cancer, but you can reduce the risk if you:
- Quit Smoking. It reduces the risk of lung cancer to a great extent.
- Avoid second-hand smoking: Avoid areas where people smoke and seek out smoke-free options.
- Test your home for radon: Have the radon levels in your home checked, if you live in an area where radon is known to be a problem, then shift from that location.
- Eat a diet full of vegetables and fruits: Intake of nutritional diet will help reduce the risk of lung cancer.
- Avoid carcinogens at work: Take precautions to protect yourself from exposure to toxic chemicals at work.
One of the most effective treatments for Lung cancer in India is Cancer Healer Therapy which shows successful results even in the last stages. It treats lung cancer promptly without any side effects and can also go in conjunction with chemotherapy as well as radiation therapy. The treatment aims to fight cancer and restores its ability to eliminate cancer cells in future. There are different lines of lung cancer treatment in India available for different types of cancer which is decided by our team of doctors after evaluating the reports based on type, size and spread of the tumor.