Breast Cancer Treatment in India
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a malignant growth that begins in the tissues of the breast. It is one of the most common cancers among women around the world. The chances of a women being diagnosed with the disease sometime during her lifetime is 1 in 8. Therefore, it is important for women to be aware of breast cancer and about breast cancer care.
1. A change in size or shape of one or both the breasts
2. Redness or rash around the skin or nipples
3. Discharge from one or both the nipples
4. Lump in several parts of the breast
5. Constant pain in the breasts
6. If one or both the nipples change in shape (inverted)
1. Family history: It increases the risk by two to three folds. Mutations in BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 results in a very high risk of breast cancer
2. Reproductive factors: Late menopause and late age at first child birth at an old age are amongst the most common risk factors
3. Age: Breast cancer risk increases after a certain age (above 40)
4.Lifestyle related factors: Using oral contraceptives
5. Obesity and heavy drinking
Breast Cancer Sign & Symptoms:
The most common symptom includes
1. a lump in the breast tissue
2. Redness of the breasts
3. Change in the size or shape
4. Change in the nipple along with discharge and sometimes bleeding at times
5. Swelling in the armpit
6. Change in the skin texture (thickening/ rigid)
With awareness of Breast cancer, it could be prevented to a great extent. Some of the points to be kept in mind are:
1. Limit alcohol and quit smoking
2. Maintain a healthy weight
3. Breastfeed (if you can)
4. Make exercise a part of your life
5. Include more of cruciferous vegetables & fruits and less of red meat
6. Get yourself checked on a regular basis
How Breast Cancer is Diagnosed?
Mentioned below are the breast cancer screening test to diagnose breast cancer at the earliest. These tests are available at leading cancer hospitals of India to find the appropriate breast cancer therapy.
Mammogram: A mammogram is an x-ray of the breast. Screening mammograms are used to look for breast ailments in women who have no symptoms of breast problem. Screening mammograms usually take 2 views of each breast
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): MRI is used along with mammograms for screening women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. It can also be used to examine suspicious areas found by a mammogram.
Ultrasound: Breast ultrasound is used to target a specific area of concern found on the mammogram. It helps differentiate between cysts and solid masses and at times can help tell the variation between benign and malignant tumors
How Breast Cancer is Typically Treated?
Most women suffering from breast cancer will have some type of surgery to remove the tumor. Depending on the kind of breast cancer and how advanced and aggravated it is, the best breast cancer hospital might have to consider other kinds of treatments as well before or after the surgery and sometimes both.
Recommended Treatments for Breast Cancer Patients
Breast cancer treatments in India depends upon various factors. Breast cancer treatments and recommendations are personalized and depends on several factors. As there are different kinds of breast cancer, the cancer treatment also varies from person to person. Your situation is unique and your treatment may be different from that of other people. The cancer specialists will consider several factors to recommend the most suitable treatment for you. The most factors to keep in mind for the cancer treatment are -
1. The stage and location of the tumor
2. The tumor's subtype
3. Genomic markers
4. The patient's age, general health, menopause status and preferences
5. The presence of the known mutations in the inherited breast cancer genes such as the BRCA1 or BRCA2.
6. The test results
The breast cancer treatment removes the cancerous cells which are in the breast, armpit or other parts of the body but cannot be detected.
One of the best treatment options for breast cancer is Immunotherapy - a therapy that uses the person’s immune system to fight the disease. This breast cancer therapy is done either by stimulating the immune system or by providing components to boost the system. The therapy strengthens the immune system and targets only the cancerous and malignant cells while protecting the normal cells. Immunotherapy also preserves the taste buds and maintains bone strength meanwhile improving the overall quality of life.
The therapy is available in one of the best cancer hospitals in India, Cancer Healer Center. It consists of experts in screening, diagnosing, staging & treatment of breast cancer. It offers an advanced low cost and surgery-free breast cancer treatments in India. Along with the treatment for early breast cancer patients, the breast cancer therapy it treats patient in advanced breast cancer stage too. Cancer Healer Center is one of the top cancer hospitals of India for advanced breast cancer treatment.
Cancer Healer Center helps you to understand the cancer stage and the appropriate breast cancer treatment. With this, you and your doctors can arrive at the best treatment plan for you.
Still have any queries? Contact us now!