Thyroid cancer is a rare cancer which is more prevalent in women than in men. It occurs when the cells of the thyroid gland grow uncontrollably to form tumours. The developments can be seen in the tissues of the neck, lymph nodes or the bloodstream. The most common types of thyroid cancer are papillary, follicular, anaplastic and medullary cancer.
Causes of Thyroid Cancer -
The exact cause of thyroid cancer is unknown. However, there are factors that may be associated with an increased risk of developing cancer. Some common causes that may lead to the development of the thyroid cancer.
1. Excessive smoking
2. Iodine deficiency
3. People with radiation exposure to the neck
4. Survivors of nuclear reactor accidents
5. Poorly controlled diabetes
Here are a few warning signs to watch out for -
1. Lump in the neck - The thyroid gland is located in the front of your neck. But any lu...
The stages of breast cancer are really the ‘extent’ of the breast cancer. So in order to choose and begin the best cancer treatment it is important to ‘stage’ the breast cancer. The staging process shows the progression of the breast cancer. Breast cancer progresses in relatively predictable and consistent ways, so it is possible to categorize the breast cancer in the terms of ‘stages’. There are 5 stages with some sub-categories ranging from zero to four.
Stage 1 breast cancer means that the cancer is small and only in the breast tissue or it might be found in lymph nodes close to the breast. It is an early stage breast cancer. In stage 1 breast cancer, cancer is evident but it is contained to only the area where the first abnormal cells began to develop. The breast cancer has been detected in the early stages and can be very effectively treated.
Stage 1 can also be divided into stage 1A and stage 1B. The difference is determined by the size of the tumor and the lymph nodes. Stage 1A breast cancer has a tumor which is smaller than the approximate size of a peanut and has not spread to the lymph nodes. Stage 1B breast cancer means lymph nodes have canc...
Researchers believe that one-third to one-half of all cancers can be prevented. Prevention, awareness and lifestyle changes have become significant tools to fight to end cancer and start knowing how to nourish the body and develop healthy habits. Here are a few tips by Cancer Healer Center to combat cancer -
Quit smoking - Quitting smoking lowers the chances of getting many types of cancer. Smoking increases the likeliness of cancer in lungs, bladder, kidneys, pancreas, cervix, mouth and throat. It is hard but not impossible. You can do it with the right amount of support and information.
Eating healthy - Eating healthy variety of vegetables, fruits, legumes, fish, poultry, etc helps prevent cancer. Limit your fat intake. Scientists think that some specific supplements prevent cancer, but there is no proof. Exercise regularly and avoid eating processed foods. Eating healthy food is the first and foremost way to get the necessary vitamins and minerals in your body.
Maintain a healthy weight and be physically active - Keeping a healthy weight decreases the risk of various types of cancer such as lungs, colon, ...
Ovarian Cancer is the 9th most common cancer in the women. It is the most common cause of gynecologic cancer death. Thus, it is most common in older women, specially the ones who have never been pregnant, or woman who go through menopause late. There are several ways of cancer treatment for this illness such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery.
There are 3 main types of ovarian cancer -
1. Germ cells
3. Sex cord stromal tumors
However, the most common is the epithelial ovarian cancer. Here are a few things collected by Dr Krishna’s Cancer Healer Centre that every woman should know about -
1. There is no solid and reliable screening tests for ovarian cancer for women in the general population.
2. Most women for ovarian cancer treatment are diagnosed at an advanced stage.
3. Best cancer treatment requires both surgery and chemotherapy.
4. Surgery may be extensive.
Immunotherapy, where the doctors attempt to get the body’s immune system to attack malignant tumours, is gradually gaining around in cancer treatment. A number of immunotherapy drugs are already used in the cancer treatment and even more awaits the results of the latest clinical tests. The recent availability of the drugs has changed how we treat patients. But what does immunotherapy really mean for the patients? How do we what to choose? When to prescribe it? Who to prescribe? Here are a few questions to know about immunotherapy cancer treatment when you talk with your doctor.
How doctors use immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy cancer treatment is a new treatment compared with radiation, surgery and chemotherapy. It works better on some forms of the disease and is approved to treat some cancers. Depending on your cancer type, you might need immunotherapy.
1. WIth or after another treatment such as surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.
2. As a first treatment.
3. As part of a clinical trial if other treatments have not worked and cancer ha...
Studies show that the genetics of cancer may lead to the belief that some are fated for the disease, but that’s not necessarily true. Healthy behaviours are known to prevent about half of the deaths due to cancer. Here are few Do’s and Don'ts by Cancer Healer Center that can improve your odds.
1. Don’t rely on pills for nutrition - Lung cancer treatment specialists say that supplements should be taken along with good food but not instead of good food.
2. Don’t smoke - Smoking leads to a list of cancers such as lungs, mouth, throat, pancreas, etc. It is the main cause of premature and preventable deaths.
3. Limit your alcohol intake - Oral cancer is 6 times more common in alcoholics than in people who do not drink. Research suggests that no more than 2 drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women.
4. Protect your skin fr...
Prostate Cancer affects the prostate gland, the gland produces some of the fluid in semen and plays a role in urine control in men. It is located below the bladder and in front of the rectum. However, the size of the prostate changes with age. In younger men, it’s size revolves around a walnut but can be much larger in older men.
Types of Prostate Cancer
Almost all cancers are a malignant tumour formed from the glandular structures in the epithelial tissue. These cancers develop from the gland cells. The different prostate cancer include -
1. Small cell carcinomas
2. Transitional cell carcinomas
Millions of people are shattered by the news of cancer every year. What follows after this is an avalanche, a wave of emotions, fear, anxiety, anger and the need to be with a family member or a loved one for support and encouragement. Research suggests that half of all men and one in three women is likely to develop a form of cancer.
Here are a few facts that you need to know about cancer -
1. It is a disease of laziness - A common myth that comes with cancer and majorly bowel cancer is that these diseases are of laziness. The truth is there are a myriad of causes and there are so many that you still don’t understand. Things such as alcohol, diet, tobacco and chronic inflammation plays a major role in this.
2. Cancer can be communicable - Some cancers are actually caused by infections. As a matter of fact, one fifth of all cancers such as cervical and liver cancers are caused this way majorly in the p...
10 Healthy Tips For Cancer Patients
Cancer is a condition where body’s cells grow uncontrollably and destroy healthy tissues. During cancer, the patient often causes side effects such as vomiting, nausea, changes in taste buds that make them difficult to eat.
Cancer patients should follow a well balanced nutritious diet.
Follow these dietary tips to help you get the nutrition you need:
1. Diet should be filled with fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.
2. Diets high in fat could promote tumor growth in cancer patient so the patient should follow low-fat high protein cancer diet.
3. Extra protein is required to repair and rebuild tissues which are affected by cancer therapy and to maintain a healthy immune system. Some protein-rich foods are Milk and milk products- fresh curd and paneer, chicken, eggs, fish, soybeans, rajmah/chole, dal etc.
4. It is important to know the protein requirement of a cancer patient, which depends on the type of cancer patient is suffering with. Extra care should be taken during kidney disease.
5. Eat small, frequent meals th...
Lung cancer, as compared to any other cancer kills more women in a year. There are mainly two types of lung cancer - non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. Lung cancer is caused by smoking, second-hand smoke, exposure to certain toxins and family history.
Why keep a check on yourself?
Who better than yourself to keep a check on your own body? You should be the first to know when something is wrong because a doctor will only diagnose you either when you notice the early symptoms of an illness or after the occurrence of an aggressively drastic symptom.
In the case of lung cancer, knowing the early stage symptoms is a grave requirement for one’s life. The 7 symptoms of lung cancer need to thus be brought to light.
1. Shortness of breath
In normal cases, this only happens when we exert ourselves in any activity but if simple activities like getting out of bed can make you lose your breath then this would be something to worry about.