Breast Cancer Treatment in India
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a malignant growth that begins in the tissues of the breast. It is one of the most common cancers among women around the world. The chance of a women being diagnosed with the disease some time during her lifetime is 1 in 8. Therefore, it is important for women to be breast aware and her relative about breast cancer care.
1. A change in size or shape of one or both the breast
2. Redness or rash around the skin or nipple
3. Discharge from one or both the nipples
4. Lump in several parts of the breast
5. Constant pain in the breast
6. If one or both the nipples change in shape (inverted)
1. Family history: It increases the risk by two to three folds. Mutations in BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 results in a very high risk of breast cancer
2. Reproductive factors: Late menopause and late age at first child birth are among the most common risk factors
3. Age: Breast cancer risk increases after a certain age (above 40)
4. Lifestyle related factors: Using oral contraceptives
5. Obesity and heavy drinking
Breast Cancer Sign & Symptoms:
The most common symptom includes
1. a lump in the breast tissue
2. Redness of the breast
3. Change in the size or shape
4. Change in the nipple along with discharge and sometimes bleeding
5. Swelling in armpit
6. Change in the skin texture (thickening/ rigid)
With awareness of Breast cancer, it could be prevented to a great extent. Some of the points to be kept in mind are:
1. Limit alcohol and stop smoking
2. Maintain a healthy weight
3. Breastfeed (if you can)
4. Make exercise a part of your life
5. Include more of cruciferous vegetables & fruits and less of red meat
6. Get yourself checked on a regular basis
How Breast Cancer is Diagnosed?
Mentioned below are the breast cancer screening test to diagnose breast cancer at the earliest. These tests are available at leading cancer hospitals of India.
Mammogram: A mammogram is an x-ray of the breast. Screening mammograms are used to look for breast ailments in women who have no symptoms of breast problem. Screening mammograms usually take 2 views of each breast
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): MRI is used along with mammograms for screening women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. It can also be used to examine suspicious areas found by a mammogram.
Ultrasound: Breast ultrasound is used to target a specific area of concern found on the mammogram. It helps differentiate between cysts and solid masses and at times can help tell the variation between benign and malignant tumors
Recommended treatments for Breast cancer patients
Breast cancer treatment in India depends upon various factors including type of breast cancer, stage, spread of the disease, size of the tumor, menopause etc. One of the best treatment options for breast cancer is Immunotherapy - a therapy that uses the person’s immune system to fight the disease.
It is done either by stimulating the immune system or by providing components to boost the system. The therapy strengthens the immune system and targets only the cancerous and malignant cells while protecting the normal cells. Immunotherapy also preserves the taste buds and maintains bone strength meanwhile improving the overall quality of life.
The therapy is available in one of the best cancer hospitals in India, Cancer Healer Center. It consists of experts in screening, diagnosing, staging & treatment of breast cancer. It offers an advanced low cost and surgery-free breast cancer treatment in India. Along with the treatment for early breast cancer patients, it treats patient in advanced breast cancer stage too. Cancer Healer Center is one of the top cancer hospitals of India for advanced breast cancer treatment.