Posted in: Mouth / Oral Cancer by Cancer Healer
Oral cancer grows in the mouth or oral cavity. It belongs to the group of cancers which involves the head and neck. The majority of the oral cancer initiates in the cells which line your mouth and throat. However, here are some important facts about oral cancer -
1. Oral cancer is split into stages - Just like other cancers, oral cancer is divided into stages. It is based on the TNM staging system where T indicates the tumour size, N indicates the spread of tumour to the lymph nodes and M marks the spread to other body parts.
2. Smoking and drinking increases the risk of cancer - Excess intake of alcohol and smoking increases the risk of oral cancer. Studies also suggest that drinkers who are also smokers are more likely to be diagnosed with oral cancer than the ones who do not drink and smoke.
3. Excessive exposure to sun - Staying in the sun for extended hours, not wearing sunscreen and going to a tanning salon raises the chances of developing lip cancer. Wearing lip balm with a high SPF helps protect the lips from extreme exposure. But, oral cancer from UV rays has reduced due to more awareness and protection from the sun.
4. Early diagnosis and oral cancer treatment is important - Early signs such as lip or mouth sores with persistent pain are mistaken for other likely health issues. Visiting the dentist on time is a great way to ensure early detection and start oral cancer treatment. If the dentist or doctor suspects oral cancer, you will undergo a physical exam as well as a biopsy.
Questions to ask the doctor
If you are diagnosed with oral cancer, regular talking to the doctor is essential for making wise decisions about the further course of cancer treatment. Here are a few questions you can ask your cancer specialist in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and many other places. Some of them are -
1. What type and stage of cancer?
2. What is the goal of cancer treatment?
3. What oral cancer treatments are available?
4. What are the pros and cons of these cancer treatment options?
5. How often do I need to visit the hospital?
Oral cancer treatment through Conventional methods is ideally a multidisciplinary approach including surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, dental procedures and restoration.
Cancer Healer Center, one of the best cancer hospital in India targets Oral Cancer through Immunotherapy which works at the cellular level by increasing the number of fighter cells which further helps in restricting the growth and destruction of the cancer cells. It restores the immune system’s ability to fight cancer and treat the recurring oral cancer without having any side effects.