Posted in: Colon Cancer by Cancer Healer
Colon cancer is the cancer in the large intestine, the final part of the digestive tract. Many cases of colon cancer begin as small, non-cancerous clumps of cells. Over time, these can become cancerous
Polyps are small and produce few, if any, symptoms. For this reason, doctors recommend continuous screening tests to prevent colon cancer by identifying and removing polyps before they turn into cancer.
Fast facts about Colon Cancer :
Here are some key points about colon cancer -
- Colon cancer affects the large intestine and usually starts with polyps in the wall of the intestine.
- Signs usually do not appear till the later stage but gastrointestinal problems are common signs.
- The cancer treatment involves radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgery and immunology cancer treatment.
- A healthy lifestyle with high-fiber and low fat diet can prevent colon cancer and screening can detect it in the early stages.
Symptoms and Signs :
There are often no signs in the earliest stages but signs may develop as the cancer advances. This includes :
- Changes in Stool Consistency
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Blood in the stool or rectal bleeding
- Abdominal pain, cramps, bloating or gas
- Pain during the bowel movements
- Continuous urge to defecate
- Weakness and Fatigue
- Unexplained weight loss
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Irritable bowel syndrome
If the cancer spreads to a new location in the body, additional signs can appear in the new area with liver being most commonly affected.
The exact causes are unknown but the colon cancer has many potential risk factors. Body cells follow an orderly process of growth, division and death. Most colon cancer can originate from non-cancerous or benign tumours. The cancerous cells will spread from malignant tumours to the other parts of the body via blood and lymph systems. As the cell accumulate, they form a tumour. Some of them are -
- The chances increases with old age.
- Family History.
- Genetic Alterations.
- A diet rich in the fat and meat content.
- Excessive alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking
- Obesity, diabetes and lack of exercise.
Prevention Tips :
Colon cancer can be avoided by following these useful tips by Cancer Healer Center :
- Get regular screening tests
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit Smoking
- Regular exercising and physical activity
- Drink alcohol moderately
- Limit the intake of red meat especially processed meat.
- Get enough calcium and Vitamin D
Though colon cancer is preventable, there are a number of risk factors which people cannot control. Some factors which increase colon cancer risk are :
- Older age
- Family history of colon cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Colon Cancer Treatment
Colon Cancer Treatment depends on the type and stage of cancer, the age, the health status and other characteristics of the patient. There is no exact and single cancer treatment, but the most common options for treatment of colon cancer are surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and IMMUNOTHERAPY.
Immunotherapy is the use of medicines to help a person’s own immune system to better recognize and destroy cancer cells. It is an effective mode of colon cancer treatment. Cancer Healer Center uses the therapy to boost the immune system and combat side effects such as hair loss, bone loss and damage to the normal cells. Patients suffering from all the stages and types of colon cancer can be treated with Cancer Healer Therapy with utmost success. This can be used along or in conjunction with other modes of treatment as well.