Posted in: Tonsil Cancer by Dr. Tarang Krishna
The beginning of Tonsil Cancer is in the cells of tonsils. Tonsils are mainly a pair of oval shaped pads that are situated at the back of the mouth and are a part of the immune system of the body equipped in fighting off the germs. It is basically located in an area known as the oropharynx. It is to be seen to develop in people who have undergone a tonsil removal operation and a small piece of tonsil tissue might be left behind leading to this type of cancer.
There are mainly three kinds of tonsils
1. Pharyngeal Tonsils, also known as Adenoids that are situated behind the nose
2. Palatine Tonsils, which are situated the back of the throat
3. Lingual Tonsils which are present at the base of the tongue
It is the Palatine or the tonsils that are situated behind the throat that are more prone to a growth of cancerous cells. Majority of the tonsil cancers are squamous cell carcinomas that emerge in the lining tissue of the mouth, though there is a possibility of Lymphoma, a kind if immune cancer.
Some of the symptoms that indicate the presence of Tonsil Cancer are:
• An experiencing of pain in the throat during swallowing. This occurs due to the presence of tonsils which cause pain. The gradual growth of tumor can also cause ulceration or bleeding.
• A lump is felt in the neck. If you notice that you have a mass around the neck, you should be visiting the doctor as this could be one of the first symptoms for the presence of Tonsil Cancer.
• Ear pain is yet another major symptoms indicating Tonsil Cancer especially the kind of ear pain which you can experience on one side of the ear.
• The presence of blood in saliva
• When your breath has a bad and putrid odor
• Sores that are present at the back of your neck and do not heal with time
Tonsil Cancer can be treated with speech pathology prior to radiation, radiation performed with or in the absence of chemotherapy or molecular targeting medicines such as epidermal growth factor receptor. Tonsil Cancer Treatment in India can be conducted with Immunotherapy, as brought about The Cancer Healer Center with its state of the art technology and an expert team led by Dr.Tarang Krishna. There has been a steady progress in Tonsil Cancer Treatment by the alternative modes of therapy used by Cancer Healer Center.